Tuesday, January 22, 2013

The in utero memories

I will come back and add thing to this post as I think of things I don't want to forget. 

Havoc from the start
E made her presence known on March 28th at about 3 am.  I had a blinding ache in my lower right abdomen.  I thought I was having appendicitis.  I almost woke Ken up because it hurt so much.  But then it subsided so I went back to bed.

Then the pain returned during the day.  At one point I was laying on the floor of my classroom with my feet up on a chair trying to make the pain go away.  I took a pregnancy test just to see and it was negative. 

The pain came and went for about a week before I finally went to the doctor.  The night before going to the doctor I took another pregnancy test this time it was positive!  I walked into Ken's office and said "it's not appendicitis..." and then showed him the test.  Now I was afraid that it was an ectopic pregnancy because it was causing so much pain.  The doctor was just the urgent care clinic so they couldn't do an ultrasound but they did confirm the pregnancy.

I got the official ultrasound on April 27th.  E was a tiny grain of rice on the ultrasound but she was in the right place.  She'd also been causing havoc on my body.  The pain flickered every so often and food became gross.  I didn't feel sick I just didn't want to eat anything.  Leftovers became the grossest thing on the face of the planet.  At one point beef was super unpalatable.  No sickness, just Havoc!

Outdoor girl
Over summer break Ken and I decided to go backpacking in Yosemite.  This was our babymoon.  We only did a few miles each day but it was still an awesome trip.  Havoc seemed to enjoy the outdoors, or at least didn't complain about it.  She did not like the backpack hip strap as it pressed against her and she squirmed quite a bit while it was buckled.
to be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment