Saturday, June 1, 2013

don't read if you have a weak stomach...

So i was just having a lovely quiet moment with E. I had come into the room and she was lying very still. It scared me a little. I picked her up and snuggled her. She smiled. I hummed a made up melody and rocked her. I whispered how much I love her. I held her up in front of me to see my face. I started to say "yeah, I love you so much" ... and then she spit up, straight into my open mouth and down inside my shirt.  Sweet moment down the drain.

So proud of myself for not 1) puking on the spot or 2) dropping the baby.

Though it does make a great story to tell my students when they are exclaiming about how cute E is and how they just love babies.

1 comment:

  1. *laughs hysterically, starts singing "These are the days" by 10,000 Maniacs*

    ReplyDelete