Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Terrific days

Daytime E is so amazing.

She gives the best snuggly hugs.  They are few and far between because she is always on the move but in those moments when she wants to snuggle it's awesome.

She is so incredibly brilliant.  She counts up to 30.  We'll be in the check out line and she'll spout off " that's a 9" while looking up at the lane number.  she'll sight count 2, 3, 4 of things.

She's obsessed with her birthday.  "My party is soon!  For my birthday!  I'm gonna be 3!  I already had 2 birthdays!  In December.  December 15th."

She loves letters. "I see the ABCDs! More ABCDs!"  "look mama, a H.  H for store!"  She has a little letter tablet that she plays with frequently.  If you spell out certain words it tells you what you spelled.  She lights up so happily.  "mama I spell cat!"
She's even caught onto the fact that mommy and daddy spell things that we don't want her to understand, usually things she'll get excited about.
"we are going to the P.I.S.!!!"
Me: What does PIS spell?
E: ZOO!
(though now she knows how to spell zoo and cat and her name)

She plays pretend, though she doesn't let others play with her very well yet.  She especially loves her duplo people, her little people house, train and castle, and her dress up felt board dollies.  And her baby dolls.

She's so loving.  She's so excited to become a big sister in October.  She talks to the baby. "I'm eating yogurt baby!"  "I love you baby!" "you play with me baby?" "tickle, tickle baby!"  She gives the baby (my belly) snuggles and kisses unprompted.  She vacillates daily about if she thinks it will be a boy or girl.

She notices, everything.  She constantly shows me things I'm missing.  Snakes in the grass on the nature trail, frogs clinging to the sides of buildings.  tiny details in the backgrounds of pictures that my eye just glances over without a second thought.

I miss her terribly, being back to work full time currently.  I'm so excited for summer when I'll get to spend more time with her and revel in the wonderful-ness that is my little girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment