Tuesday, October 1, 2013

rhythm!

I started working part time this school year, it was a strange adjustment. Some mornings I would feel like the time was just me waiting to go to work. Others it felt like going to work was a punishment because I had to leave the good time I was having with E.

Now, we have fallen into our rhythm. We get up and E has a bottle. Daddy gets up and we all eat breakfast together. Daddy gets some baby time while mommy takes care of biological needs. Then mommy takes over baby play time. Daddy leaves for work and mommy and E have some play time. Most of the time this consists of e running (crawling) around the house and playing with toys. Sometimes we finger paint, sometimes we go to the park. Around 8 E starts to get sleepy so she goes down for a nap. While E sleeps mommy had some down time. Blogging, watching netflix, doing housework, taking a nap, etc. E gets up around 9-930 has a bottle and playtime resumes until 1045ish when we leave for daycare. And through it ask we have Pandora blasting. Occasionally i will play my music to expose E to good music like Ani Difranco, Flogging Molly, Ben Harper, Journey, etc. But most of the time I play kids music. We started out with a Raffi inspired station. Lots of classic kids songs. You would be amazed at the number of remixes of 5 Little Monkeys there are. It was good, but just didn't have the right rhythm for us. And the songs for stuck in my head in a totally annoying way. I think i was singing We Are Going To The Zoo for a week.

Recently, I switched to a They Might Be Giants inspired station. it's a little more rock beat and not the classic songs. It's perfect, upbeat, happy, usually educational, and if the songs get stuck in my head, I don't mind that much.  E likes the beat of this station more, i can tell because she had spontaneous dance parties!

Sometimes while she is playing and the music is on,E will start bouncing, clapping, or penguin flapping and ... she has rhythm!

I can't wait for her to start singing! It will fit right into the rhythm of our day!

1 comment:

  1. Dancing and clapping is a good sign that singing is on the way! I totally have a raffi station and a TMBG station on Pandora, too. =)

    ReplyDelete