Friday, March 22, 2013

Joy

E has been in daycare for over a month now and every time I go to pick her up I always see the older babies show joy when their parents walk in. E's responses thus far have been lackluster compared to the others. Usually she is just stone faced or if she is hungry she cries. Of course this is probably developmentally normal but it bothered me. I wanted the happy squeaks and big smiles that told those other parents how much their children missed them. It also made me think silly things like"is she happier at daycare than at home?" 'Does she not have an attachment to me anymore?" I guess I just wanted to know E missed me. Not that I wanted her to be sad without me, just to be happy to see me.
Today she granted my wish. When I came in to pick her up she gave me a smile and a full body flailing shimmy of joy. And it made all those silly doubt's go away and repaved then all with pure joy.
Tonight she also almost laughed for the first time awake too. We were bouncing and she was smiling and cooing and then said "ha" and then stopped.  The joy a syllable can bring!

No comments:

Post a Comment